The department consists of reputed team in both Neurosurgery & Neuro medicine. The Neurosurgery department is headed DR Mazhar Husain (Mch). He is chief neurosurgeon of Sahara Hospital. A Pioneer in the field of Endoscopic Neurosurgery in India, he carries out nearly 500 neuro operations every year & Other consultants in the neurosurgery team are Dr. Manu Rastogi (Mch), Dr Mohd. Kaif (Mch)& Dr Anupam Singh. They all are experts in NeuroTrauma and Spine surgery.
Hospital has dedicated ICU and high end imaging modalities and Ultra clean Operation Theatre with fully loaded OPMI PENTERO of CARL ZEISS having facilities of Image Insertion from CT & MRI and Angiography and NEUROENDOSCPES of Karl Storz makes it possible to perform complex surgeries with precision endoscopic surgeries that not only minimize the number of days of hospital stay but also deliver the highest level of care and cure.
Sahara Hospital With highly skilled & experienced team of Neuro surgeons manages wide range of neurological ailments.
- Head Injuries, spinal injuries
- Brain Tumours, Aneurysms
- Spinal Cord & Disc Lesions Aneurysms
- Endoscopic Neuro Surgeries for brain & spine
The highlights of the Neurosurgery facilities available.
- Neuroendoscopy System/
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS) system
- There is a new technique 'Percutaneous Vertebroplasty' for relieving pain due to collapsed vertebrae, wherein only a needle is placed, under guidance, into the fractured vertebrae for injection of the bone cement.
- We are introducing for the first time in India a new micro ultrasonic hand piece (micro pen) for Neuroendoscopic surgery.
- Ultrasonic dissector/aspirator
Sonoca 300 is the latest ultrasonic dissector/aspirator used in Neurosurgery for tumour dissection,angioma,meningoma,etc. This is a unique comfort unit with 3 different waving frequencies out of one single device. Sonoca 300 is dedicated to Neurosurgery for easy resection of brain and spinal tumors with high safety.